Working Group Meeting & List of Thrust Areas for Project Funding
Department of Electronics & Information Technology (DeitY) has been promoting research and development in the area of Convergence, Communication and Broadband Technology as one of its major activities. Working Group on CC&BT constituted specifically with experts from relevant areas, provides advisory support in selecting the R&D proposals for implementing R&D activities through analysis of technology trends, identification of thrust areas, preparation of technology development plan as well as formulation and evaluation of projects for execution by R&D organizations with financial support from DeitY. Projects are monitored regularly by Project Review and Steering Group (PRSG) constituted by DeitY/Working Group for each project.
You may like to submit Project Proposal in the following areas in doc file in DeitY format:
- Cloud Communication
- Big data analytics for societal applications & disaster management
- Internet of things and CPS
- 4G and Beyond
- Broadband applications integrated with NOFN project
- Strategic Electronics
- Next Generation Communication & Convergence technologies (Software Defined Radio, Cognitive Radio including white spaces, Cooperative Communication, Cloud Computing/Communication over Cellular Network, Femto Cell, 60 GHz Wireless Network, Mobile Adhoc Network, Research in 4G/5G)
- Green Communication and Scavenging energy from ambient EM radiation.
- Wireless sensor networks
- Convergence of wired/wireless networks and fixed mobile convergence.
- Wireless Technology deployments for rural connectivity (LTE-A, Wi-Fi, Wi-Max, Amateur radio)
- Development of IP based products/services & Low Cost Broadband Internet access devices
- Digital addressable systems, Multilingual broadcast applications
- ICT applications in strategic sector with focus on safety, security and surveillance.
- Satcom products for use in distance education, telemedicine and other e-governance applications.
- Initiate studies in cutting edge technologies and development of road map.