Districts are the de facto front-end of government where most Government-to-Consumer or G2C interaction takes place. The eDistrict project was conceptualized to improve this experience and enhance the efficiencies of the various Departments at the district-level to enable seamless service delivery to the citizen.
Front-ends under the scheme, in the form of citizen facilitation centers, are envisoned to be built at District-, Tehsil-, Sub-division- and Block- levels. Village-level front-ends would be established through Common Services Centres (CSCs) for delivery of services.
Indicative services planned to be delivered through this MMP include:
- Certificates: Creation and distribution of certificates for income, domicile, caste, Birth, Death etc.
- Licences: Arms Licenses etc.
- Public Distribution System (PDS): Issue of Ration Card, etc.
- Social Welfare Schemes: Disbursement of old-age pensions, family pensions, widow pensions, etc.
- Complaints: Related to unfair prices, absentee teachers, non-availability of doctor, etc.
- RTI: Online filing and receipt of information relating to the Right to Information Act
- Linking with other e government projects: Registration, Land Records, and Driving Licences, etc.
- Information Dissemination: About government schemes, entitlements, etc.
- Assessment of taxes: Property tax, and other government taxes.
- Utility Payment: Payments relating to electricity, water bills property taxes etc.
Office Memorandum on the subject of creation of DPR by states for Scheme for National Rollout of e-District MMP enclosing E-District Guidelines, Technology Guidelines, Format for DPR Preparation and Indicative List of Consulting Agencies Empanelled by DIT, NICSI and UIDAI
BPR reports of pilot States can be down loaded by clicking on the name of the State
Uttar Pradesh, Assam, Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, West Bengal, Mizoram, Maharashtra, Jharkhand, Bihar, Orissa, Punjab and Haryana.
FRS documents of Pilot States can be downloaded by clicking on the name of the State