- Site Counter: 1,838,524
Some of the technologies that were successfully developed and demonstrated include the following:
Medical Linac for Cancer Treatment
6MeV medical Linac has been installed in Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, Wardha, Maharashtra and RCC, Adyar, Chennai. These machines are being used for treatment of cancer patients.
Under Phase-II of Jai Vigyan Programme, four 6 MeV medical Linac machines have been developed by SAMEER, Mumbai for deployment at four identified hospitals. One Linac machine at Indore is under installation and commissioning.
Products for visually impaired
The following products have been developed for visually impaired and are being used by a number of blind schools in the country
• Braille keyboard with audio support
• Twenty character refreshable tactile reader and a modified Perkins brailler.
• Text to Braille conversion software in major Indian languages
The following technologies have been developed in the area of Telemedicine:
• Telemedicine software systems Mercury & Sanjivani by C-DAC and Telemedik by IIT Kharagpur have been developed and are in use. The technology has also been employed to set up a number of telemedicine networks connecting remote health centres with specialty hospitals.
• Under telemedicine pilot projects, telemedicine centres have been set up in Tripura, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh, West Bengal, Kerala and Tamil Nadu.
• National Resource centre for Telemedicine & Medical Informatics by SGPGI, Lucknow
• Class Libraries have been developed for DICOM and HL7 compatibility
• Doctor’s Workbench- a decision support system for oncologists. Stores and makes available all classical information of cancer patients.
Technologies transferred/under transfer to industry
• Pulse Oximeter transferred to REIL, Jaipur
• 6 MV Linear Accelerator (TOT finalised and under approval)
Technologies which are ready for commercialisation by the industry
• Radiation Field Analyzer
• Electrical Safety Analyzer
• Medical Image Analyser for Cervical Cancer (CerviSCAN)
• 6 MV Linear Accelerator (Linac)
• Close Loop Anesthesia Delivery System
• Electronic Portal Imaging Device for Radiation Therapy
• Automated Traction Unit
• Web-enabled e-Healthcare System for Neonatal Patient Care Services (eNPCS)