- Site Counter: 1,750,718
India Development Gateway
India Development Gateway (InDG) is a nation-wide initiative, supported by DeitY and executed by C-DAC, Hyderabad. InDG facilitates rural empowerment through provision of credible information products and services in local languages that respond to the real and strategic needs of the unreached especially women and poor. In the process, it catalyzes the use of ICT for collaboration and knowledge sharing among development stakeholders.
www.indg.in – Multilingual Portal
- The multilingual portal, www.indg.in (External website that opens in a new window), developed as part of this initiative hosts information, products and services on the thematic areas (Agriculture, Primary Education, Health, Social Welfare, Rural Energy and E-governance).
- Information is presently provided in nine Indian languages (Hindi, Marathi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada and Malayalam) apart from English.
- The portal is a result of symbiotic partnership with over 250 organizations representing varied development stakeholders for content generation and outreach activities.
- The portal was launched by Hon’ble President of India on 4th July, 2009.
Value added services
InDG is currently offering the following value added services.
- eVyapar- Buyer Seller Platform
- Ask An Expert.
- Online quiz for school children.
- VLE Corner – Knowledge Platform for VLEs.
For more details please visit www.indg.in (External website that opens in a new window)
India Development Gateway,
Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC),
JNT University Campus, Kukatpally,
Hyderabad – 500085, India
Ph: 040-23150115 Fax: 040-23150117
Email: indg AT cdac.in