- Site Counter: 1,737,453
Functions of Department of Electronics and Information Technology
The Allocation of Business Rules Pertaining to Department of Electronics and Information Technology
- Policy matters relating to information technology; Electronics;and Internet(all matters other than licensing of Internet Service Provider).
- Promotion of internet,IT and IT enabled services.
- Assistance to other departments in the promotion of E–Governance,E–Commerce,E–Medicine,E–Infrastructure,etc.
- Promotion of Information Technology education and Information Technology–based education.
- Matters relating to Cyber Laws,administration of the Information Technology Act.2000 (21 of 2000) and other IT related laws.
- Matters relating to promotion and manufacturing of Semiconductor Devices in the country excluding all matters relating to Semiconductor Complex Limited (SCL),Mohali;The Semiconductor Integrated Circuits layout Design Act,2000 (37 of 2000).
- Interaction in IT related matters with international agencies and bodies e.g. Internet for Business Limited(IFB),Institute for Education in Information Society (IBI) and International Code Council – on line (ICC).
- Initiative on bridging the Digital Divide:Matters relating to Media Lab Asia.
- Promotion of Standardization,Testing and Quality in IT and standardization of procedure for IT application and Tasks.
- Electronics Export and Computer Software Promotion Council (ESC).
- National Informatics Centre (NIC).
- Initiatives for development of Hardware/Software industry including knowledge–based enterprises,measures for promoting IT exports and competitiveness of the industry.
- All matters relating to personnel under the control of the Department.