- Site Counter: 1,750,558
Commonwealth Connects Programme (CCP)
- The Commonwealth Connects Programme has laid a clear strategic foundation for the realisation of its vision of how ICT can be used to promote sustainable development throughout the Commonwealth and how Commonwealth networks can be used to bridge the digital divide.
- The programme has taken significant steps in facilitating the sharing of the enormous ICT resources deployed within the Commonwealth so that ICT-rich member countries do more to support countries that are ICT-disadvantaged in using ICT for development and improving the lives of all their citizens.
- The programme supports projects on a selective basis, looking at their potential for replication across member states and for demonstrating the potential for collaboration between Commonwealth governments and other stakeholders.
- Department of Electronics and Information Technology, Government of India is actively involved in this programme and is providing various inputs based on its strengths in the field of information and communication and technologies including advice on replication of various successful projects in the Commonwealth member states.
- Department of Electronics and Information Technology, Government of India has already facilitated Commonwealth Connects in replicating Indian Hole-in-the-Wall project in Uganda.
- More information about the programme is available on website http://www.commonwealthconnects.net(External website that opens in a new window) (External website that opens in a new window)