- Site Counter: 1,750,719
Awareness & Communication
The success of the Plan hinges not only on accessibility and availability to the information and various services but also awareness regarding the Programme, effective branding of NeGP and communication strategies that addresses the two.
As a plan, NeGP is unique in the manner it cuts across Central Line Ministries, Departments and States in its articulation of Mission Mode Projects. NeGP takes a holistic view of e-Governance initiatives undertaken by various State Governments and Central Ministries across the country, and integrates into collective vision and shared cause. As such, NeGP compasses multistakeholder and multi-level implementation environments, and therefore, for the plan to achieve its vision, it is important that all stakeholders have visibility into the benefits on e-Governance in general, and of NeGP as an umbrella programme in particular.
Against this multifarious paradigm, NeGP A&C activities aim to:
- Build NeGP as an umbrella/ corporate brand
- Create awareness about e-Governance services and service delivery points
- Expedite ownership/ stake of implementers into e-Governance/ NeGP
The desired outcomes of the afore-mentioned objectives are:
- Motivate stakeholders as well as beneficiaries to participate and benefit from the various services being offered by the government under NeGP
- Make citizens aware that the government is sensitive to their requirements and is working towards making services available in their locality
- Emphasise and drive home the point that NeGP is not about computerisation or technology alone but also about making interaction with government easier, transparent and efficient
- Create a demand-driven atmosphere this would ensure an effective and efficient reengineering of the processes of government, actively involving the government functionaries
CSC Rural Outreach Programme:
- CSC Outreach programme was launched from Ganderbal, Jammu & Kashmir by Sh Sachin Pilot, Hon’ble Minister of State for Communications & IT and Sh Omar Abdullah, Chief Minister, Jammu and Kashmir. Over 500 people were present at the launch where the CSC outreach van was flagged off. The van will halt at 115 CSCs in 5 districts of the state. A total of 2843 CSCs will be covered during the campaign. The first phase will be in 11 States. Click HERE to view the details.
Presentation made on the Pre-Bid Meeting for the Empanelment of Advertising Agencies for the National e-Governance Plan held on 6th Sep, 2010. (3.48 MB)